Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Di's Digi Stamps Candle Light Mice




Welcome back to Robin's Crafting Nest

This week I created a card that I have never tried before.  I made a Double Gate Fold Card.

I started with 2 pieces of white cardstock that were 8 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches.

I used my Scor-Pal and scored both pieces of cardstock at 2 1/8 inches and at 4 1/4 inches.
Adhere the two large 4 1/4 inch sections together and fold on the score lines to get the Double Gate Fold.  See picture below to see what the fold will look like.

Now that I have my Double Gate Fold Card I needed to decorate it.

I started with the adorable image from Di's Digi Stamps called "Candle Light Mice".  I thought these two were just adorable.  I colored the image with my Copic Markers and then cut die cut it with my Double Stitched Circles dies.  Which gave me this adorable round image to use.





I felt like the inside of the card needed a little something extra.  I decided to use my new Nuvo Aqua Flow Watercolor pens to create a watercolor background and my Dancing Snowflake Frame to frame the sentiment from Power Poppy's Peony Muse stamp set "Sending Love and Light Your Way".  I thought the sentiment went so well with this image because they are lighting the candle.




Double Gate Fold image so you can see how the card folds.




Copic Markers used are:

Mice: E31, E33, E35, E57, E79, R81, E51, E53
Holly Leaves: G24, G28, G29
Holly Berries: R24, R29, R59
Candle: E41, E42, E43, E50
Candle Light: YR15, Y00, Y18, Y21


Shopping List:



Di's Digi Stamps are the sponsor of the week over at Passionate Paper Creations and Friends Facebook page.  Come join us for some amazing cards.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments: